Within UKFS, the ABC Risk Manager will:
- Develop and coordinate programme management in establishing and maintaining an ABC and Tax Evasion Risk Framework.
- Support the DMLRO and deputise where required; as well as operational cover/support to UKFS colleagues (e.g. holiday cover, support UKFS workflow response, etc.).
- Provide AB&C expertise, to ensure appropriate delivery of tailored advice on UK issues as well as co-ordinating inter-BNPP liaison on EU, US (FCPA) and other international Bribery and Corruption and Tax Evasion requirements.
- Deliver a risk-based AB&C control programme, liaising, as necessary, with the DMLRO, Nominated Officer and colleagues in Compliance and Operational Risk & Permanent Control and Inspection General (Internal Audit).
- Oversight of UKFS Governance and coordination of UKFS financial security programme
- Coordination of UKFS ABC Policies & Procedures, including UK supplements
- UK Territories liaison, coordination and relationships
Anti-Bribery and Corruption Risk
- Programme Management: Management and development of the AB&C Risk Framework within the BNP Paribas CIB London branch and coordination across UK territories. Ensuring there is an effective programme in place and that the controls are appropriate and effective.
- Governance, Management Information& Reporting:
- Contributing to the design and development of MI relating to the oversight of the AB&C and Tax Evasion Risk programme.
- Identification of KRI’s and effectiveness of mitigating controls.
Policy and Procedures
- Ensure there is suitable and appropriate Management Information which contains KPIs and KRIs with appropriate escalation of identified issues.
- Delivery of all actionable items (Audit, Compliance or Regulatory), ensuring that items do not fall overdue.
- SAR Investigation and internal reporting:
- Report to the Nominated Officer/Investigations team, any knowledge or suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing, via the approved SAR process.
UKFS Governance and coordination of UKFS program
- Contribute towards the production of the monthly UKFS Oversight Committee pack with attendance at the meeting when required.
UK Territories Liaison Oversight of territories coordination and relationships
- Ensure there is suitable and appropriate Management Information which contains KPIs and KRIs
- Establish strong stakeholder relationships with each UK business, to better understand their Financial Crime risks. Development of an appropriate UK territories dashboard.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience working in a financial crime environment – AB&C experience essential.
- Good working knowledge of UK, EU and US Bribery laws and an understanding of other regimes.
- Experience in drafting and maintaining Policies and Procedures
- Broad understanding of general AML risk issues such as product, jurisdiction and client-type risk.
- An understanding of other financial crime risk issues such as AML, Tax Evasion, Sanctions and fraud is preferable.
- Detailed working knowledge of UK regulator’s financial crime guidance is essential and an understanding of future proposed changes would be desirable.
- Ability to apply holistic approach to identifying, investigating and mitigating financial crime risk, and presenting a balanced view/opinion of issues to line Management.
- Excellent team player within a high pressure environment.
- First class communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to present a given issue to Management and argue a case accordingly.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Proactive approach to all aspects of the role will be essential.
- Proven ability to make decisions whilst also ensuring that all issues have been appropriately considered and mitigated