The Associate will be responsible for evaluating secondary investments in private equity funds and companies on a global basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume a lead role in the modeling and analysis of private equity secondary transactions
- Prepare investment memoranda for the Firm’s Investment Committee
- Analyze private equity companies and funds using leveraged buyout models, construct comparable company analyses and develop multiple projection scenarios through company and industry research
- Perform due diligence calls and participate in due diligence meetings with general partners
- Monitor existing investments in the firms secondary portfolios and assist in preparation of client marketing materials
- Oversight of secondary Analysts in conjunction with the responsibilities listed above
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS; Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience within the following segments of the financial industry: private equity, investment banking, capital markets or valuation services.
- Prior private equity secondary related investment experience preferred but not required.
- Outstanding academic record
- Significant experience performing complex financial analysis, modeling, and company valuations, including discounted cash flow and comparable company analyses
- Ability to conduct industry research, articulate opinions and write clear and concise memoranda on investment opportunities
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest and commitment to private equity investing
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Willingness to work 50+ hours / week, occasionally on weekends, and travel up to 10% of time
- A team-oriented approach and an ability to interact productively within a diverse small company environment.