The Jefferies Energy team represents one of the largest dedicated Energy sector investment banking teams in the world. Our unique structure combines corporate finance and advisory capabilities with a large technical team of geologists and engineers collectively delivering superior financial solutions through industry and banking expertise. Moreover, we added a Midstream / MLP team to the group in 2012, further expanding our existing Upstream and Oilfield Services investment banking capabilities throughout the energy value chain.
- Performing and reviewing financial valuation, discounted cash flow and comparable companies multiples-based analyses
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing pitchbooks and live deal materials, such as offering memorandums and prospectuses
- Conducting industry and product research
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Participating in the execution of financings, M&A and restructuring and recapitalization transactions
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university AND at least 1-3 years of Investment Banking experience in Energy or a sector coverage group.
- Financial modeling coursework, training, or experience
- Live in Houston or willing to relocate to Houston
- At least 1-3 year of experience in Energy Investment Banking
- Series 79 and 63 licenses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work autonomously and as team player