The position, located at Scotiabank’s New York office, will principally be focused on support and assistance with Investment banking work pertaining to the U.S. Power & Utilities sector, including Mergers & Acquisitions. In addition, the role will include support and assistance on the origination and execution of non-Canadian based equity and equity-linked transactions across several industry sectors, and general business development.
- Provide analytical execution support on M&A assignments
- Create financial valuation models to assess earnings, dividend and credit impacts of deal structures.
- Draft transaction correspondence, manage deal processes and assemble marketing materials for senior bankers.
- Market and financial analysis including market comparisons, pro forma financial modeling and valuation.
- Database creation and maintenance largely focused on the equity new issue marketplace in the U.S. and Scotiabank’s business therein.
- Assistance with the preparation of all elements of client presentations.
- Assistance with preparation of all internal market information dissemination materials including periodic and ad hoc updates on market and client activity.
- Assistance with various internal projects to support the investigation and development/enhancement of new business initiatives.
- Assistance with the execution of new issue transactions including the development of internal memoranda, liaising/presenting to internal committees and working with external transaction partners (ie. other banks, legal counsel, accountants).
- Liaising with other departments of Scotiabank, including Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Global Trading.
- Presenting to Scotiabank’s corporate clients.
- Undergraduate degree in finance.
- Strong record of academic and extracurricular achievement.
- Familiarity and comfort with quantitative analysis, financial concepts, accounting and computer modeling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to Scotia Capital’s clients, both in a team presentation and ultimately on a solo basis.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work.
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines.
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- High professional standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork.
- Display a high level of energy and have a keen desire to learn new concepts.
- Willingness to work hard, including extended hours and weekend work, with an unwavering commitment to quality.