Role Value Proposition:
- Debt private placements is a key asset class for MetLife Investments. MetLife’s portfolio of private fixed maturity securities is one of the largest private bond portfolios globally. Private bonds represented about 20% of MetLife’s total corporate and foreign government bond portfolio as of December 31, 2016. This position within the Private Securities unit will focus on generating additional/incremental private placement investment opportunities.
- The Private Placement Analyst will be responsible for supporting the direct marketing team including preparing marketing materials and presentations as well as providing credit support for the direct marketing team to prospective clients.
- Assist in portfolio administration, data analysis and reporting requirements for MetLife’s $60 billion private securities portfolio. Involves creating periodic reports covering investment activity, portfolio performance and troubled investments.
- Support the credit team including compiling financial and other information from SEC filings, company reports, industry reports, rating agencies, and internal and external credit opinions for credit underwriting.
- Support the direct marketing team by preparing marketing materials for prospective and existing clients including research of companies, markets and industries, preparing summary financial spreadsheets and preparing relative value pricing analysis.
- Manage the Salesforce database including updating financial information, inputting company information and contacts and preparing weekly and monthly call reports.
- Interface with all members of the PPU staff as well as other MetLife Investment units such as Portfolio Management, Trading, Research, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance and Back/Middle Offices as necessary.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Self-motivated, high-energy level, well-organized, team player.
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficient with financial modeling.
- Knowledge of the capital markets (debt and equity.)
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business related experience preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Finance background
- Working well in team environment
- BA / BS in Accounting or Finance
- Interest in Investments
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs