Jefferies’ Financial Institutions Group (“FIG”) offers a full range of investment banking services to the financial services industry. Our diverse client base covers a broad spectrum of companies, including those in sectors such as Broker-Dealers, Exchanges, Financial Technology, Insurance, and Specialty Finance.
The Financial Institutions Group is actively looking for an experienced Analyst covering all FIG sectors in our New York office.
As an Analyst on the FIG team you will rapidly assume significant responsibilities related to pitching as well as executing advisory and capital markets transactions for a broad group of private and public clients within the FIG vertical.
These responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting the execution of M&A and advisory transactions, as well as equity and debt financings
- Preparing and delivering client presentations
- Analyzing business plans and valuing companies using a variety of methodologies
- Drafting offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses
- Participating in due diligence and drafting sessions
- Preparing the delivery of internal deal memos
These responsibilities afford direct and active interaction with clients (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) where Analysts are expected to attend and participate in client meetings and contribute to building and maintaining client relationships. You will work on several projects simultaneously with teams of professionals, both within the group and across the firm, including Managing Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates, collaborating to develop and execute solutions to meet client needs.
- 2+ years of investment banking experience as a FIG Analyst; or 3+ years of investment banking, consulting or relevant Financial Institutions industry experience
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work autonomously and as team player