- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Work with Client Management, conducting reviews of KYC files, to confirm the information on file, reconfirm customers ownership structure ensure that PEP/negative news and sanctions are reviewed by Client Management and check to ensure KYC completeness, accuracy and quality/readiness. Primary focus on quality of file.
- Feedback to Client Management any concerns on quality / correctness of KYC file for remediation and perform review once file has been updated.
- Collaborate with Country/Regional Compliance covering KYC to help ensure consistency in interpretation and application of existing and new regulatory requirements and specific country add‐ons.
- Able to quickly size KYC compliance issues and trouble spots, and influence related remediation activities including timely closure of action plans developed in response to adverse audits and regulatory examinations.
- Prepare periodic reports on quality of KYC output from client management by country including analysis of level of anomalies
- Support management with regulatory exams and Inspection Generale as needed.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Extensive AML/KYC experience, including subject matter expertise on all KYC profiles regardless of entity type and risk level. Must be well versed in these entity types, potential risk factors and how this plays into the AML KYC requirements that must be fulfilled for each entity.
- Have an inquisitive mind.
- Preferably at least 6 years of banking experience with 2 to 4 years of AML/KYC Compliance experience.
- Formal training or qualification in AML and KYC would be beneficial.
- Sound understanding of AML KYC principals and be well versed in Asia Pacific, EU landscapes.
- Able to move to and from different clients (and therefore different requirement scenarios), reports and projects throughout the day, which requires a high degree of flexibility and strong prioritization skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation. Must also know when to communicate and escalate issues.
- An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Ideally be familiar with navigating KYC tools which support AML/CFT Compliance controls.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Asian language capability is desirable, but not essential.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs