Under direct supervision, responsible for working day-to-day with various teams within the department, client servicing, clients and fund managers in order to produce accurate custody reporting for the clients’ alternative investment portfolios.The partner’s primary responsibilities include reconciling quarterly and monthly valuations provided by the general partnerships against Northern’s information management system. This work entails auditing cash flows, statement updates, and providing accurate and timely custody reports to account managers on a monthly basis.
- Act as the primary Alternative Asset Services contact for client relationship managers at Northern Trust for all client related inquiries regarding alternative investments.
- Monitor, resolve, and respond to inquiries from internal and external parties; including pulling and interpreting data, and preparing analysis with a view to ensuring client valuation expectations are met.
- Manage their assigned daily tasks to ensure day to day deliverables are met but are expected to work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently review and assess processes to identify process improvements for increased team efficiency.
- Actively participate in department projects and initiatives
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/expert
- A college degree required with an emphasis in Finance & Accounting preferred. Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Working knowledge of MS Office is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Knowledge of Capital Markets with exposure to Hedge Funds/Private Equity/Comingles Funds/Valuation Reporting/Reconciliation Principles, and finance or accounting preferred
- Work schedule will be congruent to our Chicago office hours (start time will be 6:30am/7:30am depending on Daylight Savings)