- This is an exciting opportunity for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Know Your Client (KYC) Analyst to join a demanding multinational professional services business with a turnover of £2bn and employing over 14,000 people in the UK.
- The AML are part of KPMG’s internal Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) department, part of KPMG Business Services. The AML team are responsible for conducting Know Your Client (KYC) on KPMG’s current and prospective clients.
- The AML team play an important role in fulfilling the firm’s obligations under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017, and associated industry guidance. The team help the firm to appropriately manage risks associated with its clients (e.g. PEPs, Sanctions, Adverse Media and Source of Funds and Wealth) via AML KYC due diligence procedures.
- The team currently comprises of a team of KYC Analysts in the UK and India and senior colleagues and ultimately reports to the firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
This role will involve you assisting engagement teams in completing their AML checks on new and existing clients. Initially, tasks will be completed under supervision until you develop a working knowledge of relevant regulations, policies and processes, after which you will be expected to administer processes allocated to you. You will have responsibility for data collation and checking related to these processes.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Resolving and documenting AML check requests in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Using internal and external systems/databases to undertake research for AML purposes, as required.
- Reviewing information from AML checks, escalating issues of concern to managers, and advising client teams on results and next steps.
- Liaising with client teams in relation to information gathered.
- Providing advice to client teams on AML checks and related procedures.
- Escalating policy queries related to AML check procedures where appropriate.
- Developing awareness/familiarity of the relevant firm’s compliance policies and systems that support the AML check procedures.
Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
- Working knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and associated industry guidance. Working knowledge of how this applies to a professional services firm that is supervised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Understanding of practices relating to KYC, adverse media, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and sanctions.
- Experience of working in an AML KYC team within a professional environment, with a conscientious and thorough approach to the management and resolution of tasks.
- The ability to interpret information, identify and summarise issues and exercise sound judgement.
- Completed or be working towards a relevant compliance qualification e.g. AML Diploma, Certificate in Customer Due Diligence (although this is not essential).
- Good case management and organisational skills to take responsibility for cases and projects from planning to completion (including co-ordinating with a number of teams).
- Client-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence with confidence and clarity at all levels.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- Strong knowledge and experience of standard office IT applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint.