Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review prospective customer applications in accordance with policies and procedures which include:
- Ability to navigate thru complex organizational structures to identify and verify owner.
- Screen customers thru various source lists, databases and analyze results to ensure compliance
- Establish a clear understanding of business model and practices to confirm acceptability
- Summarize results of the analysis in a persuasive document to the respective signing officer
- Conduct periodic and ongoing reviews of existing customers to validate continued acceptance
- Investigate unusual patterns or activity that are inconsistent with the application or business model
- Assist with compliance awareness and training of non-compliance staff across the organization.
- Participate and/or lead dialogues (verbal, written) around compliance requirements with external customers
- Maintain a current view on legislative and regulatory changes and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in relevant field(s) preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in financial, regulatory, payment operations, or banking industries.
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification or committed to certify within 12 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of relevant AML/CTF legislation and regulations in the U.S. and/or Canada with the desire to learn similar requirements of other jurisdictions.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills required. This position will require a great deal of communication, persuasiveness and correspondence with internal and, to a certain extent, external parties. The candidate must be able to express him or herself in a professional and effective manner in English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced high-tech environment – i.e. the ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure and handle several projects at once.
- Strong expertise of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with solutions such as Thomson Reuters and Salesforce a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs