- Are you an experienced Compliance Manager? Does playing a critical role in protecting our customers, financial partners and agents sound exciting to you? How about working for a global company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering?
- We’re seeking an AML Compliance Manager, based in our London office. In this role, you will work closely with our European Compliance Director to design, develop and deploy a risk based AML compliance programme for Western Unions multiple financial institution and agent partners. You will build, review, and test the programme ensuring it is compliant with banking business standards, AML and combating the financing of terrorism (CFT) laws in the relevant jurisdictions.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our partners to enhance the delivery of the compliance and risk-management programme.
- Evaluate internal controls and AML compliance programmes of our Financial Institution clients and agents, through transaction analysis, reviews and training sessions.
- Implement and enforce policies, procedures, and programmes to minimise potential money laundering risk.
- Work closely with the Regional FI Oversight teams to achieve consistency in development and deployment, and to share concerns and knowledge.
- Provide leadership, training and guidance to colleagues in multiple geographical locations to effectively support compliance programmes, processes and procedures, as well as accomplish compliance goals and strategies.
- Address escalated complex problems and critical issues, utilising robust decision making ability towards appropriate resolution.
What you will need to succeed:
- Strong experience in a compliance management role focusing on AML responsibilities within the financial services industry.
- Strong experience in a financial services organisation with multiple financial products, a regulatory agency or a law firm specialising in payment services compliance issues.
- Understanding of financial products and services including foreign exchange, forwards, options, draft and similar investment products.
- Strong understanding of the Wolfsberg Correspondent Banking principles, European AML regulations and the US PATRIOT Act Section 312
- Proven ability to analyse, utilise and employ sound judgment and industry standards to draw conclusions regarding the status of a provider’s oversight programme.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in managing AML programs and ongoing relationships with Financial Institution partners.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in a second language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
- Working for a market leader in FX payment solutions with international opportunities
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs