A major global bank seeks an Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance Technology specialist.
Essential Functions Major duties and responsibilities of the job
§ Serve as Compliance technology lead for new sanctions screening, KYC, and transaction
monitoring systems implementation. Perform UAT and serve as implementation support.
§ Support the enhancement of the AML and OFAC Sanctions frameworks in the AML /
Sanctions Compliance area with heavy focus on data analytics, data mining and IT support
(Excel, Microstrategy, IT projects).
§ Reorganize Compliance SharePoint site; build controls framework for tracking tasks.
§ Perform and assist with KYC/On-boarding and AML & sanctions related investigations and
§ Work with the AML and Sanctions Group Head and the wider Compliance team to foster a
culture of compliance and appropriate conduct.
§ Know Your Customer for fund and other third party customers to CLS: sight check names and
addresses, perform Sanctions screening and data entry related to approval of the parties.
§ Actively support the creation and implementation of the firm and technology solutions for new CLS products and initiatives. § Ensure Compliance’s requirements are met with respect to the bank’s new products, strategic initiatives, and technology upgrades. § Support Internal Audit reviews aimed at testing adequacy of key AML and OFAC Sanctions policies and procedures. § Support the day to day execution of an AML / Sanctions compliance program by managing and conducting a selection of Compliance tasks including: o AML Investigations and disposition of sanctions hits o Conduct KYC due diligence, enhanced due diligence, data mining and research as directed by more senior members of the Compliance team as appropriate o Complete the accompanying administration associated with due diligence, such as drafting reports and accompanying notes o Support special projects associated with AML & sanctions, including developing and refining data analytics § Analyze AML/Sanctions related data (data mining) and Reporting § Run data and spreadsheet reports as requested based on specific criteria. You will be expected to create increasingly complex reports over time (e.g. individual customer profile, Year-on-Year growth of customers by region, for each currency, and grouped by counterparty type, etc.). Leadership: § Provide technology subject matter expertise § Proactively develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Essential / Desired Qualifications
Experience, education and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent · Minimum of three years or more work experience in Banking and/or Financial Services / technology consultancy firms · Demonstrable IT data architecture, programming and data analytics subject matter expertise required · Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, or willing to pass the exam within six months of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience and competencies required for successful job performance
· Advanced experience with Excel and VBA required; knowledge of blockchain is helpful
· Exposure to SWIFT payments, correspondent banking, FX, equity or derivatives business is
· Exposure to implementation of AML and/or Sanctions screening software
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Expert and basic statistical concepts, specifically: data
mining, data import/export, working with delimited files, models and writing macros
· Familiarity with Business Intelligence/Data Analytics Software (e.g. Microstrategy)
· Ability to provide flexible support during key times of the year
· Ability to drive a project and identify area for improvement
· Self-starter and ability to work independently
· Can evidence strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to
effectively deal with multiple work strands simultaneously
· High level of attention to detail
· The ability to interact comfortably with, and manage relationships with senior stakeholders
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com