MassMutual Idaho is currently seeking an Agency Supervisor Officer (ASO) in their Boise regional office. The Agency Supervisory Officer is responsible for completing a wide variety of compliance and assigned supervisory tasks with respect to the agency’s securities business through MML Investors Services, LLC. (“MMLIS”) and its insurance business with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual”). Some travel may be required. This position reports directly to the General Agent with a “dotted line” reporting relationship to the Regional Supervisory Director.
The Agency Supervisory Officer is responsible for having a comprehensive understanding of the obligations and requirements set forth in the MMLIS Supervisory Manual, the Supervisory Procedures Manual, the Producers’ Compliance Manual and the Agency’s CEO Supervisory Manual, as well as Company memorandum, bulletins and other communications. Incumbent shall keep Management informed of all pertinent developments pertaining to the agency’s operations and, as directed, prepare regular, written reports.
Activities performed by the Agency Supervisory Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and approval of securities and corporate investment advisory new accounts and transactions in accordance to company requirements
- Conduct producer interviews and client file reviews in accordance with the Company Compliance Manual and notify Management of any deficiencies identified during interviews and develop written plans to address such deficiencies.
- Training and Compliance Resource to the Agency
- Ensure that required agency record keeping are maintained in accordance with Company policies.
- Conduct inspections and monitoring measures of district offices and other detached locations in accordance to the Compliance Manual or oversee other persons assigned by Management to conduct such inspections
- Granting approvals
- Monitoring outside Business Activities
- Assist Management in conducting internal investigations and developing courses of action to correct/readdress instances of inappropriate conduct by producers and agency associates
- Serve as the primary liaison for the agency with regulators and home office compliance personnel
Qualifications (Skills, Education, Training, and Registrations) Required
- Series 7, 24 required at a minimum
- Series 66 or 65, 53 preferred, Series 53 required within 3 months of hire
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years or more experience in securities or life insurance industry, preferably in compliance or audit area
- Good people and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Annual ASO training at home office
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive salary and benefits package available including medical and dental, life and disability insurance, and matching 401k plan. Boise is Number 12 in “The Best Places to Live in the US in 2017” from U.S.News.