Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization’s strategic objectives. PwC’s Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess. The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company. Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks.
The Risk Assurance Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice provides services to assist risk, compliance, & finance departments of Fortune 500 companies utilize and harness the power of data to make better decisions and get faster results through the use of analytics, strategy, tools and data governance. The team is currently focused on the financial services and healthcare provider and payer markets, power & utilities, oil & gas (upstream, midstream, and downstream), and mining. Within the Financial Services space the team focuses on business topics such as AML, Trade Compliance, Regulatory Reporting and Fraud. Within Healthcare the team is focused on topics such as ICD-10, revenue cycle, meaningful use, PCMH, care coordination, healthcare reform and Fraud, assisting Payers, Providers, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences with data solutions. Within energy, the team is focused on service areas which include regulatory risk and compliance, audit, operational and strategic risk, and energy trading and risk management. Our services range from hands on analytics to strategy projects related to helping organizations transform themselves to use more analytics across their departments. A sample of our services includes:
- Model Development and Tuning
- System Assessment
- Dashboard Development
- Analytics Strategy
- Predictive Analytics
- Continuous Monitoring
- Data and Program Governance
- Master Data Management
- Data Integration and ETL Architecture
- Business Intelligence Architecture
- EMR Implementation Testing (Applicable Healthcare Specialty)
- Revenue Cycle (Applicable Healthcare Specialty)
- Clinical Risk and Compliance Analysis (Applicable Healthcare Specialty) The ARCA team plays a role in delivering these services Nationally across PwC.
Minimum Years of Experience: 7 years of consulting (healthcare consulting for healthcare specialty), data analysis, compliance, internal audit or risk experience Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management Information Systems or Statistics or Mathematics or Regulatory Compliance or M.B.A. (Applicable to FS or Energy Specialty) or in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business, Biology, Biomedical Engineering or M.B.A., M.P.H, M.P.A. (Applicable to Healthcare Specialty) Knowledge Preferred: Demonstrates proven expertise of and success leading project teams providing compliance-, finance- and risk-related multiphase evaluations and deliverables within healthcare (Payer, Provider, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences and/or Medical Devices) and healthcare business risk and regulatory compliance (Applicable to Healthcare specialty) areas, which includes:
- Utilizing database concepts and methodologies, including building relationships between tables, grouping data, and producing cohesive analyses; leveraging data manipulation and analysis technologies inclusive of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Oracle, or DB2; and, leveraging data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Qlickview, Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microstrategy, or Tableau.
- Operating in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist;
- Identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and leading them through the sales cycle that includes defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection; identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships; assisting with the leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- Evaluating business processes, compliance and risk issues, utilizing compliance systems and technology such as Actimize, Mantas, Fiserve, Charles River, Norkom, Optuminsight and customer solutions (Applicable to Financial Services specialty)
- Using data integration tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, SAP Data Integrator, and Microsoft Integration Services (Applicable to Energy specialty) Skills Preferred: Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success in roles leading teams providing evaluations and deliverables related to compliance, finance and risk within healthcare and healthcare business risk and regulatory compliance areas, which includes the following:
- Working seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically and globally;
- Leading teams, which includes creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Delivering professional ARCA services
- Utilizing project leadership and related project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules; creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; and, approaching clients and team members in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information; and
- Leveraging negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential opportunities, including a proven track record with identifying and converting potential engagement opportunities and developing market presence
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us. At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title. Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready.