Duties and responsibilities
- Performs data analysis of investment holdings as directed by Head of IOS;
- Uses desktop programs, creates analytic tools which are used to provide operational oversight of transactions, holdings and accounts;
- Performs calculations and compilations of financial data, assesses data quality, performs reconciliations and automates various reconciliations by downloading data from core applications to analytic tools;
- Prepares various asset, liability, revenue and expenditure schedules;
- Conducts research to support data analysis or resolve discrepancies;
- Applies statistical techniques in the analysis of detailed financial or other data; and, Performs other related duties and functions as may be required.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in accounting, including one course each in advanced accounting and auditing;
- A valid New York State Certified Public Accountant license.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II individuals must have, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, at least one year of experience as an Accountant – Assignment Level I or at least two years of satisfactory full-time professional accounting or auditing experience.
- Familiarity and knowledge of investment management accounting and software;
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s) and other Microsoft Office Suite products;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills.
About OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER
The Investment Accounting Analyst will be a member of Investment Operations Support, a group which reports in to the Executive Director, Fund Accounting and Operational Management. The primary function of IOS is to provide operational oversight and support to ensure that Investment Managers, the Custodian, Administrators and other Third-Party investment related service providers are performing their duties appropriately as they relate to the New York City Retirement System.