- Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
- Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- The Accountant, Corporate Accounting, is responsible for providing accounting support including Budgeting, Reporting and variance analysis and account research as needed. They will have primary responsibilities for Corporate Overhead departments including IT, Facilities and Service Fee accounting plus other departmental support that may come up. The position will be reporting to Associate Director Corporate accounting and will have direct contact with various operations department heads. The responsibilities will include analysis of both Income Statement and Balance Sheet related activity.
- Coordinate and assist in the input of annual departmental budgets as well as monthly forecasts including variance commentary and analysis.
- Review and analyze monthly/quarterly and Year-end financial results for assigned departments to include Non-Departmental Admin as well as corporate Facilities and other selected overhead departments.
- Handle departmental inquiries plus research and provide clear variance explanations for management reporting.
- Monitor lease accounting and prepare supporting schedules for external auditors for corporate rental properties and other overhead areas.
- Prepare Other US Label financial reporting along with variance commentary.
- Review and prepare Balance Sheet account analysis for accuracy and completeness. Research and provide explanations for changes in monthly, quarterly and annual changes for select accounts.
- Review Service Fee calculations and charges and help coordinate invoicing to international affiliates.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with supporting documentation including monthly accruals related to monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings.
- Review and code invoices for processing for payment. Provide direction to functional departments to prepare and submit invoices for approval and AP processing.
- Ad hoc special projects and analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2 years accounting experience, some public accounting preferred but not required.
- Strong Excel skills, e.g. functions, pivot tables, etc., macros a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, BPC and BW reporting preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, etc.
- CPA or parts passed preferred.
- Experience interacting with various levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to streamline and automate analysis of large data sets.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs